Tuesday 11 June 2013

Albania ~ Day 62

I can hardly believe there's less than a month left before I fly home!

The last ten days have been very fun, as school is coming to a close with the last day tomorrow. I've really enjoyed every minute at GDQ and with speaking to people there and helping with the children, it has really reaffirmed several things to me about where God is leading my life. I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity and to the friends I have made along the way.

Last week I went to tea with another family from the church. They have 3 children who are lovely and I had such a wonderful evening with them all. I also when out for tea on Thursday and lunch on Sunday with 2 of the teachers from the school which was another fantastic time getting to know the people who work here. Maureen and I also did some shopping last week, as I needed to get some presents to take home : ) (with the Albanian flag on obviously!)

On Thursday we had a taekwondo demonstration by some of the students from the school as well as one of the teachers and students from other schools in Tirana. Wow!!

Can't quite believe this photo!!!
The before shot...










...and, well...
...amazing!!!









Such clear blue sky


On Friday I went on another trip with the school to Durres, to the beach! I think that was the first time EVER that I have been in the sea and it's not been freezing!!

In the sea, and I can still feel my toes!

Isn't God's creation wonderful!!














Today was Water Day at school! Well... to say I got a little damp would be the understatement of the year!! Despite getting absolutely soaked, mainly by the teachers, it was a great day and I even met some new people! Thank you SOOO much to the staff and students at GDQ. What you do is amazing and I'm so grateful that I have met you all. God bless!

'We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.' ~ Colossians ch 1 v 9-14 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment