Sunday 23 June 2013

Albania ~ Day 74

Only 16 days left in Albania now, the time seems to have flown by!

Last Wednesday was the last day of school and we had a great time with the children entertaining the parents and teachers with their 'Spring Fling'. We had songs and dancing from the lower school and different little plays from the middle school students. It was a fantastic time and we all had a good laugh!

On Thursday I finished getting a few bits and pieces to take home and then on Friday I said goodbye to Sylvia and the children as my last few weeks in Albania are being spent in Berat, Vlore and Gjirokaster instead on Tirana. I traveled down to Berat on Saturday and spent several days with Esther and her family again. I had an amazing time! I even got to help bag their wheat after it had been harvested, which was great. I'm soo grateful that I was able to go and visit them again before I leave.

I traveled on to Vlore on Wednesday, and it was soooo hot I felt like I was melting!! Albania really is a beautiful country, but a tad too hot.

On Friday we had a Bible Study at the church with a visiting speaker from Italy. It was rather strange having the Italian translated into Albanian and then that being translated into English for me! It was a great meeting all about how as Christians we are in a constant battle and so therefore we must always be ready and have on the full 'armor of God'. It was particularly relevant, after the year my family and I have had, for which I was very grateful.

Yesterday we were at the beach with people from the church and had a fantastic time! I was actually able to swim in the sea and not have to get out after 5 minutes because I was frozen, which made a nice change! In the evening we went to a church plant further along to coast and I was asked to share me testimony.

'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.' ~ Ephesians ch 6 v 10-17

No comments:

Post a Comment