Saturday 13 April 2013

Albania ~ Day 3

Because mum wanted a picture of me
at the airport
Well, this is now the final part of my FirstServe experience. On Thursday I left the chilly, overcast South West of England and headed for the sunny land of Albania (here comes the sun!). Thankfully I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be, flying on my own for the first time, but it was still rather scary!
    I was met at the airport by Sylvia and her 3 children Luke, Ben and Esther. The whole family are lovely and the children seem to have unlimited amounts of energy.
    It's... rather warm here, already I've ditched the jumper and coat and dusted off my sunglasses. Even when I'm walking back, to the place where I'm staying, at night it's still warm out!

Yesterday I went and visited the mission school where I'll be helping 3 days a week. All of the children and staff seem very friendly. While I'm here I'll get to work with different year groups, doing a variety of subjects (e.g Maths, P.E, Science) and helping to give extra support to some of the students.
    Today we were doing children's work in the morning which is normally done at the Church, but every so often they go out and play some games. So we went and played football and a few other games with the children which they seemed to really enjoy.
Taken from the plane
Also taken from the plane, don't
have a clue which mountains!
I had a good view from the plane (once we got out of all the clouds!) and a couple songs in particular kept springing to mind: Indescribable by Chris Tomlin, Greatest Day in History by Tim Hughes and Let Everything that has Breath by Matt Redman. It seems amazing to me that anyone can look at God's wonderful creation, the sky and the sea, the fish and the trees, and yet not see that there is an awesome creator behind it all! That it didn't all happen by accident with no purpose or plan, we were all created for a reason as part of God's amazing plan. I'm not just a part of the circle of life (you're born, you live, you die) I was created for a purpose and I can now look forward to eternity with God when my life on this earth is over. Praise the Lord!!

'If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.' ~ C T Studd
'It is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.' ~ Jim Elliot

'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.' ~ Philippians ch 4 v 6&7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment