Wednesday 3 April 2013

Thanks to everyone I met in Wales

I can't believe that my month in Wales is over. It was an amazing time that I will never forget with people who are just as amazing.

Last Wednesday I got to do 24 again, this time with Steve. We did it twice in the morning and the questions the children had at the end showed that they'd really been listening and thinking about what they'd heard, which was great.
    In the afternoon I helped Steve and Gwyn to pack up lots of PBS (Postal Bible School) lessons. It was really weird being on the other side of the process, as I'd done PBS lessons when I was younger!
The beach view from the Tower
Me in-front of Swansea Tower

I spent Thursday going shopping and going to Swansea Tower. We went right to the top of the tower and had a drink. The view from that high up was fantastic. We were 29 stories high!
    It was a great day out with Steve and Gwyn, thank you very much!

The view of Swansea from the Tower
Friday, of course, was Good Friday and Dunvant had a church service in the morning. Phil had decided that the 24 presentation was so good that we would have that as part of the service, so I got to do it for a forth time!
    Phil's brother Mark Davies was down from Motherwell for the day, taking a service at a nearby church in the evening. Dunvant didn't have an evening service so we went to listen to Mark. It was an excellent service with great speakers. I was nice seeing Mark again, as he is the principle of Tilsley College in Motherwell where I spent some time before going to Swansea.
The Worm's Head ~ Rhossili

On Saturday Phil, Sheila, my friend Christine and I went on a walk at Rhossili to the Worm's Head. It was a lovely walk, even if it was quite cold, over to the Worm's Head, but we didn't walk right the way to the end. It was a fantastic last day in Wales, thank you.

Thank you to everyone I met while I was in Wales, I had the most amazing time and you are all lovely people. I hope we'll meet again some day.

'Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!' ~ Luke ch 24 v 5&6

No comments:

Post a Comment