Thursday 18 April 2013

Albania ~ Day 8

Last Sunday, we had our morning church service, which was the first church service I'd been to since I arrived (not that I could understand any of it as it was in Albanian) but it was still a good service, being with the Lord's people. Several of the couples from the church were away so in the afternoon they'd decided we would have a church picnic. It was nice to get to know a few more people who can speak English! It was a fantastic day and all of the children had a great time running around and climbing trees.

Monday was my first day at GDQ (the missions school). It was a super time and everyone is really lovely. I got to help with Grade 2, P.E, maths with Grade 8 and with special support for one of the students. I also got to do some work in the library and I even found some books I have at home!
Books I have at home!
Lord of the Rings!











On Tuesday I was doing some work for Enris. He is translating Emmaus courses into Albanian, from English, and then putting them on the internet for people to use. It is a fantastic work, but it takes a lot of work to get all of the courses on there. So, with the courses that Enris had finished translating I copied and pasted the questions for each chapter to where they had to go so that he has more time to translate the courses. It was very repetitive, but quite enjoyable.

Yesterday was my first day off, which was lovely, and I spent the morning shopping with Sylvia and Esther.  In the evening Enris and Sylvia both had to go out so the children and I watched 'Joseph: King of Dreams' because they are learning all about Joseph at the moment. It was a nice time and we even got everyone's homework finished.

Today I was at GDQ again and some new books had arrived for the school so I was sorting through them all making sure we had everything we were supposed to have. I also helped one of the students with her rounding and she did it so quickly we finished her words work as well and still had 15 minutes to spare! I also helped with maths again and also with science where we were making circuits, which I remember doing at school!

I am having a brilliant time and can hardly believe that I've been here for a week already!
Thank you God for your goodness and grace!

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? ~ Luke ch 12 v 22-26 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment