Tuesday 26 March 2013

Wales ~ Day 23

Only 4 days left! Time has really flown by. I've enjoyed every moment of my time here and am sure the last couple of days will be just as enjoyable.

A card and chick done by
one of the children
Last Wednesday morning I was at Castleton Chapel for the last Wednesday Sunbeams play-group before Easter. We had a great time making Easter cards and chicks that the children could give to their parents for Easter. It was great fun with loads of stickers, feathers and glue! There was also sand everywhere as several of the children had been playing with the sand box and kept bringing the sand over!
Me putting up the half pictures
    I then had lunch with Steve and Gwyn and saw a big tree being chopped down, the second since I've been here.
    We then went to the last Castle club before Easter and the mums had arranged a party for two of the boys because they are moving abroad for 3 years. So we did some games, one of which involved the children finding the second half of a picture they were given on the walls.
    I then went to iclub, which was very lively. We played some games and the children did a word search before listening to the story of Palm Sunday. We finished off with playing a game of dodge-ball, which I did not participate in!

Thursday I did Bible Explorer again with Steve and I read the stories of Daniel in the lions den and the conversion of Saul/Paul. It was the last of the series of 5 weeks and all of the children seemed very upset that Steve wouldn't be back, which was a really encouragement!
    In the evening I went out to another house for tea and we had a good time looking at lots of pictures of our families.

Friday was the last Sunbeams before Easter and this time I was left in charge of the craft! I was glad that there were only a couple chicks left to make as I got covered in glue as it was. At the end each of the children got an Easter egg and a little book of the Easter story which they got to take home with their fabulous cards, and because I behaved so well I got an Easter egg too!
    Later I had to pack for my second of 2 weekends away. This time I was away with the 18-30's group from Dunvant, staying in a converted barn (which was freezing!) next door to sheep. It was another amazing weekend with people who are really on fire for God and eager to learn more of His grace and love, as well as learning how we can grow closer to Him.
    On Saturday we went for a walk down to the local village which was lovely, if not a little cold. Several of us decided that because it was a nice day we would walk back to the site rather than take the minibus which was fine until the last hill. I don't think I've ever walked up such a long, steep hill. (It was much worse than the one at Menadue!)


Yesterday morning was another chance to do something new. Phil and I went into a secondary school with 2 other people and did something called 24. It basically consisted of the 4 of us reading out the account of the last 24 hours of Jesus' life. We had times for reflection where we gave the children a question to discuss, and some video clips of different moments within those 24 hours that changed the world. The children listened really well and had some good questions at the end which was great to see. It was a fantastic experience and I'm glad that I get to do it again tomorrow, to a different class, with Steve.
    In the afternoon I did Bible Explorer again with Phil and the children loved it. I read out the stories of 'The Lost Son' and the 'Good Samaritan' and all of the children enjoyed the chance to act out some of the different stories. One of the girls enjoyed last weeks session so much that when she went to the school library later on in the week she took out a children's Bible so that she could read all of the other stories in it! Amazing!


'The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.' ~ Psalm ch 118 v 14 (NIV)

I would appreciate prays for my mum right now. She is in hospital at the moment having broken her hip. She has had an operation and the doctors are hoping to get her moving tomorrow. Please could you pray that she might come home soon and not be in too much pain or discomfort for long. Love you dearly mum, see you soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment