Thursday 7 March 2013

Wales ~ Day 4

Well, yesterday was the busiest day so far. After arriving on Monday I had Tuesday off to just relax and get my bearings a bit before Wednesday. Then yesterday I was helping at a playgroup of about 11 children which was really good fun, especially as they put me in charge of the play-dough table!
Then in the afternoon I was at an after school club helping the children to decorate and make little boxes to put some chocolates in for Mother's Day. I used to have to make the same cubes in maths classes at school! We had about 26 children there, which was really good to see.
I was then quickly taken to a different church where there was another club with about 16 children and we played some games and watched some bible stories on the projector and then I was asked to do the quiz, on my first day!
After all that, I still wasn't done. Several of us had tea at the church before we were joined by others from the church for a prayer meeting, which was a real encouragement, praying for lots of different people and activities both here in Wales and farther afield too.
It was a fantastic first day, can't wait to get going again today.

'I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.' ~ Psalm 18 v 1&2 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment