Thursday 14 March 2013

Wales ~ Day 11

Monday was quite a relaxed day really. I went with Steve to do two assemblies in the morning and it was really interesting to see how he did them. He had a puppet with him (a dog) with the children all loved. He was doing an assembly on rules and told a Jungle Doctor story which the kids really enjoyed.
Easter finger puppets ~ so cute!
   After lunch I was helping at Castle Club (an after school club) with the craft. They could colour in little Easter finger puppets, decorate an Easter egg (a piece of paper shaped like an egg) and put stickers on it, which they loved! There were little rabbits that they could colour in too and bookmarks that they could decorate.

Tuesday was my day off so I didn't really do much. I was invited out for tea by a couple from the church in Dunvant which was nice and we had a good chat over tea.

Yesterday however, was a rather full day. I went with Phil to a secondary school assembly which was very interesting as I'd never seen a Christian go to a secondary school to take an assembly before. The kids seemed to be concentrating really well which can be unusual first thing in the morning.
    Then I went straight to the Sunbeams playgroup in Mumbles where there were about 10 children and I spent about 90 minutes playing with the play-dough with different children, which they all enjoyed (so did I!).
    Then after lunch I was back at Mumbles for Castle Club's Wednesday group where we did the same crafts as on Monday, but it was a bit more hectic as Monday's group consists mainly of girls who will sit down and do the craft all the time quite quietly, but Wednesday's group has a lot more boys who would rather run around and play on the PlayStation and Wii.
    Straight from Castle Club to iclub in Dunvant where we were playing games and making palm trees with about 12 children who were there. Then we watched an animated clip of Palm Sunday with Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey. The kids at all of the different clubs really seem to enjoy it, which makes helping out a lot easier.

'Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”' ~ Matthew ch 28 v 18-20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment