Monday 11 March 2013

Wales ~ Day 8

Well, I guess it's time to catch you up on what I've been doing over the weekend. So...
picture taken at the 'unknown' beach
On Saturday, Phil and the family took me to a beach (no idea which one) and we had a lovely walk by the sea, it was very cold, but the view was lovely.
    After lunch I watched my first rugby match, Wales vs Scotland. There was a bit of shouting at the TV from Phil, but I had no idea what was going on! Wales won, so they were happy, but it wasn't a very good game, there were loads of penalties.

On Sunday, I got to meet most of the other people from Dunvant church that I hadn't met already which was lovely, but I'll never remember all their names! I was helping with the kids Sunday School where they were learning about Elisha and making gift bags for their mums. Each mum got a tea bag, latte sachet, a small packet of biscuits, a chocolate heart and coin and a hot chocolate sachet, the idea being the kids could then make them a nice drink during the day.
    I then went to Phil and Shelia's for lunch with all of the students who go to the church. There were loads of them! The food was amazing and I had lots of cauliflower and broccoli cheese!! Yummy! (I know you don't think that sounds nice, dad, but it was.)
    In the evening I went to a joint Swansea HOPE service, where there were people from lots of different churches all over Swansea. It was a great meeting and it was lovely finding out about lots of different projects that Christians in Swansea are doing. It was refreshing to see people from different churches really working together, putting the community first and making a difference.
    As it was Mother's Day yesterday I phoned home and spoke to my family, which was lovely! I miss them all and look forward to seeing them in 3 weeks. I can't believe I've been here a week already!
    Happy Mother's Day mum! I love you so much, and will give you a massive hug when I see you!

'Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh? Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard... If you extend your soul to the hungry And satisfy the afflicted soul, Then your light shall dawn in the darkness, And your darkness shall be as the noonday. The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.' ~ Isiah ch 58 v 7&8 and 10&11 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment