Tuesday 19 March 2013

Wales ~ Day 16

I can hardly believe that I'm over half way through my time in Swansea! It's going by so fast, so much so that I haven't told you what I've been doing for the last five days. So, catch up time...

Last Thursday I had a study morning, in which I'm working through a Discipleship Course which I was given by FirstServe. In it there are various worksheets on things like 'Who is Christ?' 'World Missions' and 'Getting to know the Bible'. Each one has a thought at the top as well as things to read from the Bible and other Christian books.
    After lunch I went to Bible Explorer with Steve again, and this time he got me to read some of the stories! It was great fun watching the kids enjoy acting out different stories from the Bible.
    I was out again for tea with another lady from Church. We had a lovely time and after tea we played a card game that I'd never played before (I came last). One of the best things though was that this lady can play the harp!! I'd never actually met someone who could play the harp before.

Friday started off with Sunbeams in Mumbles, with a different group of kids to those who come on Wednesday's. It was great fun again watching the children make 'biscuits' out of play-dough and then putting them in the oven of their little pretend kitchen. I think they're starting to do it just to see if I remember where the play-dough is when it's time to tidy up!
   
Later I had to pack ready for a weekend away at 'One-2-Lead' which is a weekend focusing on personal development and leadership training. It was an amazing weekend with some amazing people, I learnt a lot and it really got me thinking.
    On Saturday afternoon, we went to a swimming pool, not far from where we were staying, and we went scuba diving and snorkeling! It was yet another new experience as I'd never done that before but it was great fun. We then rushed back to where we were staying to watch the rugby. It was certainly interesting being in a room filled almost entirely by Welsh people who enjoy watching rugby!

Yesterday I went with Phil to do Bible Explorer, at a different school to where Steve goes. The children again really enjoyed acting out the stories and dressing up as kings or Mary etc.
    I then rushed to Castleton Chapel in Mumbles for Castle Club. The children were making Easter chicks and decorating biscuits, one guess as to which was the most popular!

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.' ~ Hebrews ch 11 v 1 (NKJV)





No comments:

Post a Comment