Tuesday 7 May 2013

Albania ~ Day 27

Well, my last twelve days here have been just as exciting as my first couple of weeks in Albania. So, let me fill you in on some of the things I've been doing.

Friday 26th I was back at GDQ. I spent time adding and comparing fractions with one of the students; learning more about resistance, current, voltage etc in science with Grade 6; and I was in charge of the group practicing their volleyball skills in P.E with Kindergarten and Grade 1.

On Saturday we had our children's club in the morning, with about 15 children, and then in the afternoon I went with Enris and another guy from the church to give out flyers for the service on Sunday. I was quite nervous about doing it, but at the same time was glad that I could help in trying to get people to know more or think more about God. It was very hot though which was slightly annoying as we were outside all the time.

On Sunday we had a good time at the church with a good service that seemed to be about disproving various theories that disagree with the Bible. I then had the afternoon to do my study, which was looking at wealth and possessions.

Last week I was only at GDQ twice, on Monday and Thursday, as we had Friday off. I had a great time helping with fractions, straight-line graphs and real life graphs, going over a science lesson with two kids who'd been away and helping with volley ball again in P.E.

Last Monday was also my first day helping one of the students with her piano playing. She is very good and seems naturally gifted with it, which definitely makes my job a little easier. We started going through 'The Entertainer', which is a piece she's wanted to learn for a while.

Wednesday was my day off, as it was a bank holiday in Albania, as the 1st of May. A group of us from the church went for a picnic in the park, which was lovely and it was nice getting to know some of them a bit better.
... or the trees around you?
What do you see when you look at
the sky above you...











Do you see God? I do.
The park was very pretty too and it was nice not being surrounded by buildings for an afternoon.

Last weekend I went to visit a friend, Esther, who lives near a place in Albania called Berat. She's a truly lovely person and I had a wonderful weekend with her and her family. She has 3 fabulous children: 9-year-old twins and a 3 year old.

On Saturday they took me around the castle in Berat and the view was spectacular! I also had time to play with the children, we even watched 'The Story Keepers' which I haven't seen for years!
View from the castle
Another picture of me, for my mum

Look at the mountain!
God's wonderful creation!




















I had the most amazing weekend! I'm so glad I was able to see them while I'm here.

Yesterday I was helping at GDQ and then working with Beth on her piano. It was a nice day, everyone at the school is so lovely. We had some rain and thunder yesterday and the bad weather has continued today. But, the rain makes me feel more at home, for some reason!

'My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.' ~ John ch 10 v 27 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment