Thursday 16 May 2013

Albania ~ Day 36

Looks like it's time to catch you up with what I've been doing over the last week. So...

Both kittens and their mum.
One of the kittens living near me!











Last Thursday I went to a Birthday meal for one of the teachers at GDQ. It was great to get to know some of the staff better and meet some more new people too. I also tried some new food (I won't say what because I want to see the look on my mum's face when she finds out!) Several of us then went out for ice-cream, which was delicious!

We had a fantastic day at GDQ on Friday as it was Sport's Day! I was put in charge of the parachute and we had loads of fun!! The children and teachers all really enjoyed it, and the weather was perfect, which helped a lot!

On Saturday I went to a youth event at one of the other churches in Tirana (getting lost on the way there, oops!). I had a good time and one of the people was kind enough to translate for me. Later I went to the house warming for one of the teachers who has moved in 3 floors up from me! It was another good time with lots of laughing.

I'm rather busy at the moment trying to get all of the Emmaus courses online before the end of the month. We're also busy making things to sell at a sister's conference next weekend.

Cards for the conference.
My contribution so far.











I'm having a good time and getting to know lots of different people. I pray that I will continue to learn move about God and His plans for my life while I'm here and that I will really grow in my relationship with Him.

Sometimes you may feel that God has left you or let you down, but He has shown me time and again that He is always there (even when your family are miles away!). He is still faithful and will pick us up when we fall and give us the strength to go on. He is the Rock on which my life is built and I try to put Him at the center of everything I do. If you believe in Him, He is 'a friend that sticks closer than a brother' (Proverbs ch 18 v 24), He will carry you through life's troubles and rejoice with you in the good times. Let us always remember He holds EVERYTHING in His hands. GOD is in control!

This is fantastic! Please take just a couple minutes to have a look!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE

 'Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”' ~ Hebrews ch 13 v 5 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment